4.5K views

Update by user Nov 21, 2016

The weather Channel website is NOT a "weather " website.

The large amount of advertisements and bloat-ware makes the site painfully slow to load...and if you are patient enough to wait for it to load...you have to re-enter your preferences ( like 10-day forecast ) every time....and then wait again for the preference to re-set. Also if you are unfortunate enough to click on one of their " stories of the day" you have to wait a long time again while another set of advertisements load.

The entire website is so poorly designed and so loaded with advertisements that it has become virtually useless...and i have given up and gone to other sources for my internet weather. I will check back in a month or so but I have little expectation that the situation will change.

Original review posted by user Nov 21, 2016

The weather Channel website is NOT a "weather " website.

It is an ADVERTISEMENT website. It is so crammed with advertisements that it is obvious that the main purpose of the website is to generate advertising revenue...and the weather report is simply an after thought. The large amount of advertisements and bloat-ware makes the site painfully slow to load...and if you are patient enough to wait for it to load...you have to re-enter your preferences ( like 10-day forecast ) every time....and then wait again for the preference to re-set. Also if you are *** enough to click on one of their ' stories of the day"

you have to wait a long time again while another set of advertisements load. The entire website is so poorly designed and so loaded with advertisements that it has become virtually useless...and i have given up and gone to other sources for my internet weather. I will check back in a month or so but I have

little expectation that the situation will change.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Weather Channel Website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

The Weather Channel Cons: Website is a joke.

Comments

#1935681

Bring back the radar square so i can see my approching weather.

#1932685

I use too like the weather app but it has gotten too be so bad it has turned into a *** advertisement app.I am looking for a better app.

It didn't used to be so bad even a month ago. What happened?

The weather channel has the worst website. I mean it's horrible.

All the ads have made it so slow that it doesn't even work anymore. They're such a big company you wouldn't think they would let their website get into this shape. It's pitiful.

WTF is the deal???? I feel like someone should lose their job over this.

#1820725

I like getting radar and hourly weather. This site is useless!!!

So slow you have to go get some coffee and hope it loads by the time you are back. Are there alternatives that give weather all over the country that work?

Where can we get just the weather in real-time?

Totally agree. This site is an absolute JOKE!!!! Will not longer use it as I don't have 15 min for each page to load due to it being crammed with ads.

So it's not just me!

I have just read this entire page twice and the Weather.com page still hasn't loaded in the other tab!

Weather.com website is a joke! It's sad to see that weather is an afterthought and advertising is more important.

The weather channels website is and has been the worst for at least 3 years, why I continue to log into it and try is ignorance on my part. I never use the app on my phone it's so loaded with ads it just *** me off.

You think they would listen to the consumers, I've sent them several emails, but it just gets worse. I am finally done.

What happened, they used to be worthy now they are terrible? Worthless phone app doesn't work half the time and it's so slooooowwwww. I've given up on them.

Worst weather website, too many advertising and no update for months, simply garbage - weather.com

The website is ridiculous. I don't even use it anymore.

Cant remember the last time they got our weather forecast right.

Its 2019 you would think we would have greatly improved technology to get a semi accurate forecast. And let's not get into how long it takes the website to load.

Just Stinks

Why is the website so slow to react ? Just plain garbage ! Unbelievable really ~

Could not agree more. Website and App are terrible.

Why is that they can "predict" two days of rain for Philadelphia, to start in less than 12 hours, when the closest front is in Dallas? They are so consistently wrong with forecasts that I think a dart board would better for them to use.....or, is that what they ARE using?

I agree 100% WC sucks! painfully slow.

Yes, their website and the iphone app are horrendous. I would look elsewhere.

The Weather Channel Reviews